Weekend Weather and Snow Update.
The Latest forecast from the Met Office is a follows
• A band of snow will move in over the Thames Estuary, then over London and expected to move across Surrey.
• Snowfall expected from 6am Saturday, but heaviest likely to be from 4pm into the evening. It is unclear exactly where the heaviest concentrations will be at this stage.
• Minimum road temperatures is expected to be -2 this will rise during the day and it will be quite warm so expected to thaw quite quickly, and it will not be very heavy so little accumulation is expected. As an example – During the call the Met Office suggested Saturday morning’s snowfall would likely thaw on Saturday PM, and snow falling Saturday PM would be thawed by Sunday PM.
The current plan of action is listed below although we will continue to monitor the situation and react as required.
• All P1s to commence at 0400 hours on Saturday in preparations for the forecast snow (20 grams pre wet)
• P1s will be treated again on Saturday, – a further 20 grams (either at 1400 hours or 1900 hours, depending on accumulations during the day, this will be decided Saturday am)
• Conditions will be monitored after the 4am run on Saturday morning, and a decision can be taken on whether it is necessary to treat the P2s ahead of the afternoon run on Saturday
• All farmers have been emailed to inform them of expected conditions and the actions Kier are taking, so they will be prepared.